Friday, August 23, 2013

Red's Savoy Pizza - St. Paul, MN


Large "Special"

Overall score: 60/70

1. Crust: 7/10 thinner style crust. 

2. Sauce: 8/10 zesty and rich

3. Cheese: 9/10 toasty and plenty layered on top of the toppings. 

4. Toppings: 9/10 Great quality and piled high above the crust - the perfect amount.

5. Atmosphere: 10/10 Hole in the wall restaurant, darkly lit. - You literally walk in through a door in the side of the building and down a dark narrow hall-way to enter the restaurant. Feels like what I would imagine a "speak easy" to be like. I think I even saw John Dillinger sitting at a booth in the corner once. 

6. Novelties: 8/10 the pizza is cut in square pieces - allowing you to eat several and keep reaching for more! Other than that It is the atmosphere that sets the place apart for me. 

7. How are the left overs? 9/10 amazing! Leaves you satisfied both times you eat it. 

Of my pizza journey so far, this is my favorite pizza. It tastes great. The atmosphere is an adventure and I have fond memories of eating there with great friends! It would be worth a trip to St. Paul just to get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment